What are the benefits of using recruiting software?
Amplifying recruitment strategy at your small business
The hiring process for qualified candidates doesn't begin with onboarding. In fact, hiring managers begin the hiring workflow as soon as recruitment starts. And in today’s world of business, recruiting highly-qualified candidates has become very competitive. Businesses have to compete with other sometimes larger and better equipped companies to find the best candidates, while also having to go through large numbers of applicants to find a suitable candidate who is the right fit for the company and job.
Recruiting strategies have a direct impact on an organization's talent pool, and so it’s essential that your small business’s recruitment process is highly professional, effective, and streamlined to secure top talent.
One tool that gives companies the upper hand and eliminates time-consuming recruiting processes is human resources (HR) recruiting software. HR recruiting software incorporates an online applicant tracking system (ATS), disseminates job postings on social media platforms, gathers essential candidate data and information, and assesses job applicants to see if they are a good fit for the company. HR recruiting software can make hiring easier for the recruiting team with established, professional templates, automation of data collection and analytics, and the optimization of job application processes.
Why use recruitment software?
For small businesses, HR departments are often small and do not have the same bandwidth that larger corporations can invest in with the recruiting process. In reality, recruitment requires extensive attention to detail, including the monitoring of the job postings on job boards, reviewing resumes, assessing the skills of potential candidates, and ensuring that the hiring needs are met. As such, recruitment software can fill the gap that smaller companies may experience. For larger companies, recruitment software is necessary to manage the larger pool of applicants and, in some cases, the additional steps they have included in their hiring process.
Recruitment software is a helpful recruiting solution because it supports talent acquisition teams in finding the right candidates while simultaneously supporting a seamless experience for the job seeker. The best recruiting software can run important analytics that HR staff can't always capture, specifically through the use of an ATS.
This article will outline some of the most important benefits of using recruitment software, and how recruitment software can help attract the best candidates to your company.
Benefits of recruitment software
Hiring decisions are some of the most critical parts of running a successful business. To meet your business goals, you need a team of people who are qualified and skillful in their work. As such, recruitment software can save your company time in the logistical parts of attracting the best candidates to your company so that your HR staff can devote their energy to carefully selecting the right person for the job. Here are some of the top benefits of recruitment software.
- Saves HR employees from performing an abundance of administrative work. Recruiting software can automate key parts of the recruitment process, including the gathering of candidate information, managing applications that come through a company's career page, or matching candidate qualifications with the job descriptions outlined by the company. This way, HR employees can oversee the process with more accurate data, and spend more time focusing on ensuring that applicants are a good fit for the job and for your company.
- Improves communication times and efficiency. For both the applicants and the company’s team members, recruiting software is able to automate communications processes. For example, when a candidate applies for a job, they can receive automated responses regarding the next steps in the process and the potential timeline they can anticipate. This way, your company is transparent about the steps with the candidate, and therefore the candidate can have an overall smoother job applicant experience with less anxiety as well. Furthermore, not responding timely to potential candidates can give your company an impression of being unprofessional. With recruiting software, the chances of not responding in a timely manner is removed. Communication can also be automated internally, with recruiters being able to see the same updates that the applicants see through the system. This keeps everyone on the same page as the steps for hiring for multiple positions are underway.
- Provides automation to the recruiting process. Recruitment software removes the manual aspect of recruiting and the files of paperwork that are many times cumbersome to organize and update. A wide range of manual tasks can be automated, and this automation allows your HR team to turn their attention, time, and energy to other aspects, such as holding more productive, in-depth interviews, reviewing analytics and statistics, and reviewing the list of highly-skilled candidates. Customer relationship management (CRM) systems that exist within recruiting software can organize many data points that are essential to gather during the recruiting process. Data points can include key words put into a job description, the number of applicants, and the information about the candidates that is gathered upon receipt of an application. Messaging can be automated as well as the scheduling of interviews or candidate tasks that are a part of the overall assessment process.
- Attracts higher-quality candidates. HR software can provide advanced tools that customize your search for the right employee. Through the setting of parameters or filters, your search can be more focused and targeted for the type of candidate you are seeking. Inevitably, this allows higher qualified candidates to come through the system – the right candidates who are a great fit with your company’s brand, mission, and values. Plus, with software that can be tailored for your company, sourcing the wrong type of candidate can be avoided. Social reach is imperative in business recruitment, especially with how the COVID-19 pandemic has changed the way companies do business. Using recruitment software allows your business to connect to social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter, and therefore reach a greater number of potential candidates.
- Tracks candidates through the hiring lifecycle. The applicant tracking system (ATS) is an application feature in recruiting software that can be implemented as soon as the recruitment search begins. ATS can automatically review a candidate's resume, placing certain skills or experiences in categories, while also searching for keywords related to skills required for the position. Moreover, ATS supports the tracking of candidates throughout the hiring lifecycle – from interviewing to hiring to onboarding. This is essential given that different candidates might be at various points in the recruitment and hiring process. Furthermore, this recruiting system allows for robust recruitment reporting and analytics which can help you measure the return on investment (ROI) and efficiency.
- Improves the employment brand experience. When candidates interact with a brand that is highly organized, communicative, and timely, they are interacting with what it could be like to work within that company. Candidates don't just engage with the recruiting process; they engage with your brand. When this is a positive experience, your brand can gain a reputation for efficiency and great communication, thereby drawing more referrals or potential candidates in your direction.
- Allows for 24/7 access to the software. Software that helps with recruitment can be accessed 24/7. For candidates, this can show where they are in the process at any given moment. For recruiters, this can help provide a snapshot of the overall recruitment strategy or progress when updates are needed or requested by other business leaders or teams within the organization. Many software programs can generate reports, effectively streamlining the essential analytics regarding filling job postings for your company.
Is recruitment software worth it for your business?
Recruitment software offers many benefits for companies; however, the biggest one may be in the ability to save time. Recruitment requires a great deal of management, and having a software system that can support recruiters to do their best work will add value to the process and ensure that the candidates who apply for positions at your company are a great fit. Recruitment software is an investment in your HR team, the overall hiring process, and the bottom line that your company seeks to meet.
Businesses of all sizes stand to benefit from recruiting software. When recruitment processes can be streamlined with technology, overall company strategy can take the front seat, seeking the best of the best to join your business.
Are you ready to streamline your recruitment strategy through the help of software innovation? Are you ready to leverage recruiting software to find top talent for roles at your company?
Heartland is ready to help.
Every day, America’s entrepreneurs wake up and grind away at the day-to-day operations that keep their businesses afloat. But Heartland customers get a head start because they trust us to deliver a complete technology solution that makes it easier to stay competitive, connect with customers, sell more, and even manage and pay their employees. With our POS, payments and payroll technologies in place, and our people passionately committed to their success, nearly 1 million businesses have peace of mind, a growing bottom line and more time to focus on leading their businesses into the future. Learn more at heartland.us.